The 2020 March LIGO-Virgo-KAGRA Meeting will be held Monday through Thursday, 16-19 March 2020 at the Grand Geneva Resort and Spa, Lake Geneva, Wisconsin. The Grand Geneva is located at 7036 Grand Geneva Way, Lake Geneva, Wisconsin about one hour drive from Milwaukee, Wisconsin, and one and a half hours from Chicago. Parking is free on site. A satellite coatings workshop will be held on the afternoon of Thursday, 19 March 2020 and the LSC PI/leadership Retreat will be held on Friday, 20 March 2020 at the same location.
Attendees are strongly encouraged to stay at the Grand Geneva as a block of rooms has been reserved for this event. The conference rate in the Grand Geneva’s main lodge is $109 per night. Additional reduced room rates are also available at their Villas and Timber Ridge Lodge and Water Park. Reservation information and additional details can be found under Lodging below.
The Grand Geneva offers childcare at their Kids Are Grand recreational center.
- Mon, 16 March 2020:
- Working group face-to-face meetings.
- Public TBD at TBD in TBD.
- Tue, 17 March 2020:
- Working group face-to-face meetings.
- Reception and poster session at 18:00 in the TBD of the main lodge.
- Public talk on TBD at TBD in TBD
- Wed, 18 March 2020:
- Plenary meeting (all day)
- LSC Council Meeting (16:45-18:15)
- Banquet at 19:00 in the Forum of the main lodge.
- Thu, 19 March 2020:
- Plenary meeting (through 13:00)
- Coatings Workshop (13:00-end of day)
- Operations Workshop (13:00-end of day)
- Fri, 20 March 2020:
- LSC PI/Leadership Retreat (08:00-15:30)
Breakfast, lunch and snack breaks will be provided Monday through Thursday of the meeting. Please provide details on the registration form if you have any dietary restrictions or require other accommodations. (Note that feedback from last year has been taken seriously and there will be improved options.) The Grand Geneva offers several on-site restaurant options, including cafes and lounges, for other meals.
Free WiFi is available throughout the Grand Geneva and during the meetings. See the LIGO wiki for more information.
Early Bird Registration is $535 now through January 8. General Registration is $585 after January 8 and through February 17. Late Registration is $625 after February 17, 2020. Registration covers: breakfast, lunch, and snacks each day; a banquet dinner on Wed, 18 March 2020; audio-visual rentals; supplies and other miscellaneous expenses.
If you need a letter of invitation to the meeting for visa purposes, please email email@example.com.
Please book rooms at reduced rates at the Grand Geneva, Villas or Timber Ridge Lodge by February 14, 2020. You can book your lodging through one of the following methods:
- Online via the direct link
- Online via the Grand Geneva website
- By phone to the Grand Geneva Registration Office 262.248.8811. Mention the LIGO-VIRGO-KAGRA Collaboration Meeting
The Grand Geneva Resort amenities can be found here. An on-property shuttle service is available between the different lodging properties.
Airport access: The meeting venue is The Grand Geneva Resort and Spa, 7036 Grand Geneva Way, Lake Geneva, Wisconsin, U.S.A. [map.] It is located about one hour drive from Milwaukee's General Mitchell International Airport (MKE), one and a half hours from Chicago O'Hare International Airport (ORD).
- Lyft and Uber ride-share may be the most economical transportation from both Chicago O'Hare International Airport (ORD) and Milwaukee's General Mitchell International Airport (MKE) to the Grand Geneva Resort, especially if you share with others.
- Airport shuttle service options are available through the Grand Geneva's online booking system, which partners with Go Riteway. Participants may want to group together to keep the cost down.
- Car rental is available at both airports. Parking is free on site and electric car charging stations are available. Here are links to driving directions from MKE and from ORD. If using a GPS navigation system or other online direction source, please use 7020 Grand Geneva Way as the destination address. Upon arrival, continue past Timber Ridge Lodge and Waterpark and proceed to the Lodge at Grand Geneva, located on the right hand side of Grand Geneva Way.
Travel Security: U.S. Transportation Security Administration’s air travel security rules remain in effect.
- Explore Lake Geneva for it’s winter activities, museums, tours, and shopping.
- Bank/ATM - Chase Bank, 426 Center St., Lake Geneva, Wisconsin
- Gas/Petrol Station - Mobil Station, 350 N. Edwards Blvd., Lake Geneva, Wisconsin
- Pharmacy - Walgreens, 351 N. Edwards Blvd, Lake Geneva, Wisconsin
- Grocery Store - Piggly Wiggly, 100 E. Geneva Square, Lake Geneva, Wisconsin
- General Store - Walmart Supercenter, 201, S. Edwards Blvd., Lake Geneva, Wisconsin (OPEN 24 HOURS)
- Post Office - 672 W. Main St., Lake Geneva, Wisconsin
- Urgent Care - Aurora Health Center, 146 E. Geneva Square, Lake Geneva, Wisconsin
- Emergency Room - Mercyhealth Hospital and Medical Center, N2950 State Road 67, Lake Geneva, Wisconsin at Highways 50 and 67
Contact Heidi Matera at firstname.lastname@example.org / +1-414-229-4960 with questions.